Having a general question?
If you have a question regarding a ticket that you've bought or sold or anything else, please contact us here.
At TicketSwap, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present. If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems.
Please do the following:
- Send your findings to security [at] ticketswap [dot] com (do not use this for general support inquires as they will not be answered).
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data.
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved.
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties.
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within 5 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date.
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report.
- We will not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission.
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem.
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise).
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to play an active role in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.
Out of Scope
1. The API keys you'll find in the HTML source code of the website are public keys from vendors and we follow the best practices of their use.
2. There are Github (or other source code hosting platform) repositories that mention TicketSwap in combination with database names and passwords. Those don't belong to us and we can't control them.
3. The domain jobs.ticketswap.com is not managed by us but by Homerun and we don't have control.
4. The domain help.ticketswap.com is not managed by us but by Intercom and we don't have control.
5. Uploading files is not managed by us but by Cloudinary service, and we don't have control.
6. Deleting an account has no additional check if the account has no action (bought or sold tickets etc). For a better user experience we accept the low business risk for these accounts.
Please do not file a report about this, as it is out of scope.
Some reports do not qualify because they have low security impact on the TicketSwap business. Please do not report these issues unless you can demonstrate a chained attack with higher impact:
- HTTP non-200 codes/pages.
- Disclosure of known public files or directories, (e.g., robots.txt).
- Clickjacking and issues only exploitable through clickjacking.
- CSRF on forms that are available to anonymous users (e.g., the contact form).
- Presence of ‘autocomplete’ or ‘save password’ functionality.
- Lack of Secure and HTTPOnly cookie flags.
- Username enumeration via Login Page error message.
- OPTIONS / TRACE HTTP method enabled.
- SSL Attacks such as BEAST, BREACH, Renegotiation attack.
- SSL Forward secrecy not enabled.
- SSL Insecure cipher suites.
- The Anti-MIME-Sniffing header X-Content-Type-Options.
- Missing HTTP security headers
Hall of Fame 🙌
Special thanks to these security researchers:
- Prabhakar Damor
- Sophina Kio-Lawson
- Sajibe Kanti
- Mohammed Israil
- Saurabh Gurgule
- Vijaykumar Balbhim Kodag
- Raju Kumar (Mrcyberwarrior)
- Mehmet Can GÜNEŞ
- Rahul Naidu
- Vikram Naidu
- Nikhil Rane